From Hindusthan Seals to Manaksia - a journey through time
- 2008: The Company declares their IPO.
- 2005-06: Commencement of commercial production at Kutch.
- 2004-05: Expansion of product horizon at Nigeria, facilities for Continuous Galvanising and manufacture of Alloy Ingots set up.
- 2003-04: Manufacture of Mosquito Coils starts at Assam.
Hindusthan Seals Limited the second largest manufacturer of mosquito coils in the world.
Hindusthan Seals Limited renamed Manaksia.
Trial production starts in Rolling Mill at Haldia.
- 2002-03: Mark Steels Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hindusthan Seals Limited for setting up an integrated steel complex at Purulia, inaugurates manufacturing facilities of 100 TPD of sponge iron.
Metal profiling line set up through a subsidiary, Dynatech Industries Ghana Limited at Ghana.
- 2001-02: Facilities for manufacture of Mosquito Coils set up at Bhopal.
Manufacture of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes commences at Hyderabad.
Assam, Haldia and Kutch projects visualised and work commences.
Commercial Production at Assam factory starts.
Facilities for manufacture of value-added products and Continuous Galvanising Line set up at Bankura.
- 2000: Facilities for manufacture of Mosquito Coils set up at Bankura.
Hindusthan Seals Limited - the largest manufacturer of ROPP caps and closures in Asia.
- 1999: Manufacturing unit set up at Bankura for manufacture of ROPP caps and mosquito coil stands.
Facilities for manufacture of Mosquito Coils set up at Hyderabad.
- 1997-98: New Unit of Manaksia Closures Private Limited for manufacture of crown closures set up at Hyderabad. New factory of Manaksia Crowns Private Limited set up at Silvassa for manufacture of crown closures. Facilities for printing of metal sheets and manufacture of stands for mosquito coils set up at Liluah. Manaksia Crowns Private Limited, Manaksia Closures Private Limited and Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited merged with Hindusthan Seals Limited.
- 1996: Manaksia Industries Private Limited commences business initially though trading operations and then manufacturing of ROPP caps and crown closures start.
- 1995: Overseas operations visualised at Nigeria under the name and style of Manaksia Industries Nigeria Limited.
- 1994: Auro Enterprises Private Limited, Manaksia Containers Private Limited, R.K. Private Limited and Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited are merged with Hindusthan Seals Limited.
- 1991-92: Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited commences manufacture of Expanded Polyethylene wads at Bhopal.
- 1989-90: Manaksia Crowns Private Limited commences manufacture of ROPP caps and crowns at Bhopal.
- 1988-89: Operations commence at Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited factory at Haripal for the manufacture of printing ink, lacquers and varnishes.
Work for setting up of new factories of Manaksia Closures Private Limited and Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited, starts at Bhopal.
- 1986-87: Facilities of Manaksia Crowns Private Limited for manufacture of Crown Closures and facilities of Auro Enterprises Private Limited for manufacture of PP caps and printing of metal sheets, set up at Hyderabad.
- 1984-85: Hindusthan Seals Limited incorporated as a public limited company in December 1984 to take over the assets of the proprietorship firm Hindusthan Seals. First Directors, Shri B.K. Agrawal, Shri S.K. Agrawal and Shri B.D. Agrawal. Shares of the Company are listed in the Calcutta Stock Exchange. Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited, Auro Enterprises Private Limited, Manaksia Crowns Private Limited, Manaksia Closures Private Limited, Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited incorporated as private limited companies. Madras (Chennai) Branch of Hindusthan Seals Limited set up.
- 1982-83: The Delhi Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
R.K. Private Limited commences business in rolling of stainless steel.
Manaksia Containers Private Limited commences business in manufacture of PP caps and metal containers.
& Allied Products, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri Sunil Kumar Agrawal for manufacture of stainless steel utensils at 114/99, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
- 1980-81: R.K. Private Limited incorporated for installation of rolling mill for stainless steel at 114/99, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
Manaksia Containers Private Limited incorporated for manufacture of ROPP caps and metal containers at 15, B.K. Paul Temple Road, Belur, Howrah.
The Hyderabad Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
- 1979: Shri B.K. Agrawal and others incorporate a private limited company under the name and style of Manaksia India (Pvt.) Limited for trading in ROPP caps.
The Bombay (Mumbai) Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
- 1978: Howrah Sheet & Engineering, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri M.P. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
Hindusthan Sheets and Metal Works, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri B.D. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
Hind Supply & Manufacturing Corporation, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri S.K. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
The Bangalore Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
Manaksia is a multi-division and multi-location conglomerate.Manaksia specialises in the manufacture of packaging products (PP Caps for bottles,crowns for bottles, closures for bottles,containers for bottles,ROPP (Roll-On-Pilfer-Proof) Caps for bottles, Plastic Caps for bottles,Carbonated Soft Drink Closures for bottles,Crown Caps for bottles), metal products and fast moving consumer goods, among others.The company's metal packaging products include crowns, roll-on pilfer-proof closures, expanded polyethylene liners as well as push-open and other metal containers. In the fast moving consumer goods segment, the company is a dependable mosquito repellents outsourcing destination.